A social group, which will help in “sorrow or death” was set up at Kimo Hall of Paletwa Town, southern Chin state, Burma on 29 December 2012.
It learnt that the social group was formed for local people of Paletwa and it is set up by a non-profit organization. The group is not affiliated to any political party, said a local.
About 15 lakh kyats were donated to the group by the Union Solidarity and Development Party from a spare budget and 19 lakh kyats were donated by around 175 participants to the meeting. The group started work from 1January, said a local.
“I hope that the social group will contribute to the good health of the local people coming from rural areas of Paletwa Township. I am very glad to organize this group. I also hope that local people will donate,” said a staff of Paletwa’s civil hospital.
The group Central Executive Committee members is as below,
1. U Maung Lung Che, Chairman
2. U Rusia, Vice Chairman
3. U Hla Maung Thein, Secretary
4. U Sa Khup, Assistant Secretary
5. U Htun Way, Treasurer
1. Father Paul Htun Khiang from Roman Catholic Church,
2. Bishop Francis Sein Aung from Anglican Church
3. Rev. U Sein Win from Baptist church
4. Salai Khoi Yan and U Weih Yan, Amyotha Hluttaw representative and
5. U Thein Htun, Lawyer